Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Londyn Emberly Sanders

Our little daughter is finally here! There will be pictures up soon, but we have about 4 or 5 different cameras to collect them from, so once we get done with that we'll just have a giant slideshow!




So, here's how everything went:




Monday: We wake up at 6 o clock to get ready and then head for the hospital at 7:15. We get there and about an hour later they give Karen some petocin(I probably spelled that way wrong) to help induce labor. At around 9ish they break Karen's water, and at 10:30ish they give her the epidural. From then until about 6:30 is smooth sailing, Karen is very chill, I'm hanging out next to her, and we have family come in to visit for a while. It all seemed way too easy at that point, but Karen's epidural wore off at around 6:30ish and at that point she was almost completely dilated. So she got some stronger stuff and said that she couldn't feel from her legs down and that her legs felt about 300 pounds, so when it got time to pushin, Karen's mother and I held her legs up and helped with the person. I was very concerned about her pushing because she looked completely worn out, and didn't think she would have the energy to push. When it came time to do work, though, Karen immediatly got into the groove and she did so amazing. They had to basically plead with her to take breaks because she was ready to push and was kicking some major booty. She says that she didn't even feel any of the pains of labor, which I'm guessing is probably amazing not to feel.




Then, at 8:04, little Londyn was coughed out(not even joking, the doctor told Karen to cough and the baby came) and was cleaned. I immediatly went to Karen, kissed her, told her I loved her and how proud I was of her. She was truly amazing through everything and did her very best throughout it all. I am so lucky to have her as my wife and mother of our child. Tears flowed from both Karen and I as they brought her over to us, she was the most beautiful thing we had ever seen in our entire lives. Every bit of her was perfect, and she was completely healthy which is the biggest blessing out of all of this.




I went out to go get everybody who was waiting, bawling, and told everybody that she was here. I was so proud to show off my little baby girl, and to have her in my life now. I am so lucky to have my 2 amazing girls, and will be forever grateful for them.

4 comments:

Breezy-Annie said...

She is beautiful Erik!!! I am so happy for you guys, and I wish you the best!!! Keep the pictures coming!!!

joana said...

she is seriously a beautiful baby! most newborns don't look that good. we're so glad she's here. you guys did a great job!

Patty Girl said...

Congratulations! We remember how special and moving that day is. It sounds like everything went really well and you guys were very blessed. We are so so happy for you and the new life your family will be starting. Good luck!

Robyn said...

I saw some pics on Joana's blog. She is adorable!! Can't wait to hold and spoil her.

Love you guys!