This morning, Erik let me sleep in while he got up and played with Londyn, who by the way, wakes us up every morning by coming in our room and standing a foot from our faces and either pokes eyes, lips, mouth, ears or she likes to smack us on the back while giggling with a scrunched up little nose. Hehe. She's so cute. So, I got to sleep in til nine before we all got up and started getting ready!
First, we looked at the next step up in apartments and let me tell you, we are in love. Our new one will gigantic! To other people, it may not be THAT big, but when you've lived the last year in an overcrowded one bedroom apartment, an extra foot of space is incredible and this apartment has over 400 sq. feet of more space! Oh gosh, we are sooo excited. We're rate watching so we can grab a low rate and be able to move in April. I mean, look at that floor plan!

After we started our day off right in an exceptional mood, we headed to lunch at Mimi's Cafe, which is AWESOME by the way. I don't know why I've never been there before. We had a great meal that was conveniently inexpensive, before we headed off to the park.
Before I tell you about the park, I just need to let you know that we've fallen in love with Coppell. If we end up staying here a long time and decide to buy a house, we choose Coppell. The community is active, the city is clean, and the schools are great! We love that there are always signs up for family fun walk/runs, the community theater, kid activities, and so many more things. We love the farmer's market and that all the good food stores are there too.
When we go to the park, there are TONS of people out all over the place. It's never empty. It's so great to see parents and kids TOGETHER feeding ducks, riding bikes and scooters, walking, playing, and having picnics. It just feels like the world is right when there's so much family interaction. It makes me really happy, especially when I know that way too many families don't take the time to be together or turn off their cell phones, laptops, and whatever distracting technology they have to go and spend some quality time outside with their kids. I hate seeing dads and moms walking around with a phone stuck to their head while their kids are begging for their attention at the parks.
Onto our park experience. There are a ton of parks around Coppell, but our favorite is the one next to Kids Kountry that has like 3 duck ponds, baseball fields, and basketball courts. It's like right across the street from Erik's work and we love to go over there. We haven't really lately because of weather and this baby has me super unpredictable in the morning sickness department.
We headed over there today after lunch and took our about to expire wheat bread with us and Londyn loved feeding the ducks. It's so cute how excited she gets when she throws it in the water and she seeing the ducks swarm. She loves when they squawk and fight for it. Hehe. When the ducks were full and the bread was gone, we headed on for a walk because it was such a pretty day.
While we were walking, the plastic bread bag flew out of the bottom of her stroller and into the pond before we could do anything about it. It landed too far from shore for us to be able to reach it and we were both standing there feeling stupid and horrible, just hoping that an animal wouldn't mistake it for food. I hate when that happens and you're standing there feeling helpless. :(
We walked and talked and talked some more and it was great to spend some quality time with Londyn and Erik, especially on such a pretty day. It makes it feel like the day was so well spent when I got to listen to Londyn get excited at every dog we passed and point at trees, ducks, and flowers saying "Wassat!?".
I wish I had pictures and videos, but I still haven't found my camera battery charger. If I don't find it by next week, I'm ordering a new one. We're missing too much footage and change. I decided to take this semester off to focus more on Londyn and get as much one on one time in before the baby gets here and so far, I'm really glad that I decided to do so. I feel like we get so much more time when my mind isn't over crowded with thoughts on when my next paper or assignment is due.
I plan on starting back in the fall and will hopefully have my associates pretty soon. We're all going to need that 2 months after the baby's born to adjust to having a family of four before we add school back.
After the park, we headed to my mom's house because we had already planned on dinner with her and my great grandpa and Londyn was needing a nap. On the way there, something really funny happened. We were at a stop light and this guy turned right in front of us and he had a bunch of lawn equipment in the back of his truck. Well, one of the gas tanks fell over and was leaking all over the road. Erik sped up to let the guy know. So, picture this. We're speeding up and Erik's like hanging out of the window next to this guy and honking. When the guy rolls down the window, Erik yells "You got gas!". The guy didn't understand, so he rolled down the window a little more and Erik just kept yelling "You got gas!". I was dying laughing in the passenger seat while Erik kept yelling this at this guy, until he realized he needed to add "leaking all over the road" onto the end of this sentence. It was absolutely hilarious. :)
I've always been the one who gets way excited about furniture and stuff, but today, after apartment looking, Erik was ecstatic about looking at couches and all this new stuff (although we won't be able to afford it for awhile), so we decided to let Londyn spend her nap time with my mom while we went and browsed. It was really nice to see what we need to expect in the price area and where we would want to buy it from if we don't decide just to find something on Craigslist or a garage sale. Erik was like a kid in a toy store and I've never seen him so excited about something like this before! He was so funny.
When we got back to my parents house, we chilled for awhile and pretty much hung out with my mom and my great grandpa, Grandaddy, until dinner. My mom made some really good tomato basil angel hair pasta for dinner. It was really good and simple!
After dinner, we came home and watched Little Mermaid with Londyn until bed time. Well, Erik did. I crashed in the first 10 minutes and headed to bed too early which explains why I'm up blogging at 1:44 am (I don't sleep normal anymore).
Although I didn't feel good physically (pretty sure I'm getting an ear infection and possibly a cold), it was so worth the day we had.
And the conclusion is: My family rocks. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment