Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

My sweet husband wrote me this e-mail for Mother's Day. He knows better than anyone that nothing material could ever match up to heart felt words, to me. And, he did a great job.

This is what I woke up to this morning:

I was at Market Street last night looking through Mother's Day Cards, looking for the right one to give you. After going through a couple, none of them said exactly what I wanted to say to you, some had little parts of what I thought, but none truly expressed how I feel about my beautiful Karen Elisabeth Sanders. So I decided not to pay the $5 and just tell you myself!

Karen, I love you over 9000 times more than I did when we started out. It grows every single day, and never has my love for you ever wavered. I started falling in love with you when we were working at LifeTime, and I saw how much you loved just being with the children, and how good you were at taking care of them. It was always my dream to marry a woman who would love our children unconditionally and do anything for them. That day I saw that in you, and boy was I right. It's astounding to me all of the things you do for our children, and then having time and energy to do things with me and let me know that you love me unconditionally as well. You have sacrificed so much in order for us to be a happy family, and I hope that I show you every single day how much I appreciate everything that you have done, still do, and will continue to do for us.

You are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my two eyes on(and here goes the 'whatever' you're thinking in your head...well stop it!). I don't care if you gain 400 more pounds during this pregnancy, I will ALWAYS think that. You're not gigantic. You're not a whale. You're not a blimp. You're a gorgeous woman who I still want every single day.

Thank you for being you. I love you so much and hope that you enjoy today.

Love your husbando,

Erik Edward Sanders IV

I'm not sure where the IV came in considering he's definitely the first. Haha. I just re-read it again and I love that I have a husband who appreciates me and a little girl to give me a big hug for no reason at all, every single day. I'm so lucky.

Happy Mother's Day

2 comments:

My Mind and Its Musings said...

Very sweet, very touching letter on this Mother's Day, Karen. You know without a shadow of a doubt that you are well loved.

Love you, too, Nana

Robyn said...

THat was sweet! You guys are so great together :)