Friday, May 31, 2013

Ready for School

We spent a week in Austin with Erik's sister and her family and Londyn and Scotlyn were always so excited to to go out to the bus stop and wait for their cousins to get home. Londyn decided when we were there that she was going to go too and luckily, Robyn was able to come up with a diversion by making up her own school at home (she's awesome like that). 


Anyway, Londyn got back into this mode out of no where. She was determined that if she got dressed and put her backpack and shoes on, the bus would just magically show up and take her to this fictional school. I felt so bad and kept trying to make our tent from the night before "school", but she wasn't buying it. I kept trying to divert her, but finally decided that she needed to go out there and see that there wasn't a bus coming for her. 

Of course, Scotlyn had to follow suit and took her baby doll and bag outside with her too. They were so excited. I don't know what Scotlyn's going to do with herself when Londyn goes to school before her. 


Stupidly, I thought she would give up on the whole bus thing when we walked out of the stair well and she saw that it wasn't coming, but no-she needed to walk all the way down the sidewalk, almost to the office before I could convince her that her bus was not coming for her. 



She was sad, but we distracted her with "The Magic School Bus", which by the way, I did not realize how incredibly gross that show was until now. I loved that show as a kid, but watching them miniaturize to dive into a scab had my stomach in knots. GRODY! Londyn dug it, though and got us out of our school bus frenzy. I don't know how she's going to wait another two years!

No comments: