Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers


Just thought I'd say something about all the Mothers in my life, each one of them amazing in their own way.





Karen:


She is without a doubt ready to be a mommy. She already does so much and I can't imagine having a better mommy to my daughter. I'm so thankful for this beautiful woman in my life, and wouldn't trade her or the things we share together for anything. She has really helped me change into a better man, and continues to do so everyday. She always has the best interest of our family in mind, and wants us to grow and be a better family everyday. We have our differences, but those differences somehow come together and make us closer together, I don't know how it works, but it does. She is an A++++++ mother in my book, and makes the same grade in the Wife department as well. I love you Karen, and I can't wait until I can see you holding our daughter, and to just admire the way you two complete my life. And a note to Londyn, watch your mommy closely, and strive to be like she is.





My Mommy:


My mother is the best. I don't know what else I can say. She taught us so much, and helped us with so much. She was always there for us, energetic, happy and encouraging through every step of our life. When we got home from school (and alot of that is thanks to my amazing Dad) she was there, and always had an open ear. The way she and my dad have put together our family is amazing; I can proudly say that I'm one of those people that LOVES getting together with my family and isn't bored for a second. I'm also proud to say that I get along with my siblings without fighting, arguing, yellilng, hitting or anything for my whole life(try doing that with 3 brothers and a sister!); and that is thanks to my Mom. I love you Mom, and you're one of the greatest inspirations in my life.




My Sister:


A.K.A Mommy #2. This amazing woman raised me and my older brother Peter alongside my parents, and wasn't even asked or forced to! She just loved us and wanted us to be better men. There is never a selfish reason for her to want to do the things she does for us. Anyone who has met her, even if it was just for a second, or has seen her blog knows what type of Mother she is. She's creative, fun, intelligent, and most of all loving. The things she thinks of to do with her kids is incredible!(who on earth would think to do a "Outer Space Spring Break Hotel"?) I love you, my sister, and miss you dearly, I hope you look at me and our proud of what you helped create. (P.S. Londyn needs to see her Aunt Robyn A.S.A.P!)




My Sisters-in-law:
They may be sisters-in-law, but I just like to drop the -in-law part. I have 3 wonderful sisters-in-law, but I'll focus on the 2 that are mothers for mothers day(sorry, KayLe!) Paula(Married to my brother John) and Joana(Married to my brother Fred...still wondering what she sees in him) are close to me just like my sister Robyn is. I've only known them for a couple years of my life, but they are no less family for that. Each of them have their own parenting style, and both of those styles I pick up on to be a good father(does that sound weird?) I love you, sisters, you two are incredible, and I'm proud of my brothers for picking such outstanding women =).




My Mother-in-law:
Most people fear their Mothers-in-law, but I'm the exact opposite! From the day I met her, she has always been kind and accepting of me. She's a hard working woman, who has incredible drive that I wish that I could have 1/10 of. She loves her daughters and is willing to do anything for them, and has the corniest sense of humor possible(which is a good thing!). I'm happy I'll never have to be worried about being accepted by the in laws, she and I get along great! You're awesome, and I couldn't ask for a better Mother-in-law.




Well! That was long and probably very cheesy, but it's what I've been thinking about since I've been thinking about mother's day coming up. Have a great mother's day all of you mothers!

2 comments:

joana said...

that was so sweet thanks erik! right back atcha...you're an awesome brother-in-law!

Robyn said...

Oh, sure, make me cry in the middle of the day! What a sweet post.

I AM very proud of you Erik. I've always loved you!!