Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Her first night on her own...

Tonight is the first night Londyn is sleeping in her crib...outside our room. This means not at the end of our bed where we can see her waving her arms and hear her "flatulent" little body wiggling around in her bassinet. We are nervous, especially Erik. But! We have handy dandy baby monitors to make it all better and believe me, Erik has the monitor right next to her head. Being a new mommy with my first baby, I of course had to document this scary night for us to look back on and laugh at.
She's fine with everything while we freak out...chill as can be.
I needed to post the cute things people have given her for her wall. Aunt Paula gave her a picture frame with room for everyone special in her life to write a sweet note to and it still needs more signatures. Great Aunt Staci, Great Uncle Scott, Morgan, and Braden gave her the plaque with her name on it. We think both are way too cute and one day, Londyn will care enough to think the same. Hehe.
All of the clothes in the left two squares are her newborn clothes she's grown out of. I don't have the heart to put them away yet, so they've just been sitting there since last week waiting for a new home in a box. It'll be awhile before I can part with them.
Here's the unbelievably cute pillow my doctor's office gave to us with all the details of her birth on there. I love it and can't get enough of it!
As for this, I needed to show it off a long time ago but kept forgetting. A friend at work made this diaper cake and I don't have the heart to tear it apart. It's too pretty! She left a note on it telling me not to be afraid to take it apart and use it...but it's never going to happen. Hehe.





That's all. We'll see how tonight goes with Londyn 7 feet away from us all night. Hopefully we surprise ourselves and do awesome with it. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

joana said...

good luck new mama:)
(you're so cute)

Sara Sonoski said...

Dr. Collins is my doctor toooooo. Cute blog!