We decided we wanted some time, before Scotlyn makes her debut, to be the 3 Sanders. So, Erik took two days off of work and we stretched our Easter weekend into a four day weekend. It totally rocked and I wish I had thought to pull my camera out more, but hey, at least I pulled it out a couple times, right?
Thursday
On Wednesday night, Erik and I decided to dye eggs while Londyn was asleep and she was going to be able to put stickers on them the next day. Well, I got the kit from Dollar Tree so you can imagine how awesome the stickers were. They didn't stick at all so we resorted to markers. And Londyn loves markers. She had so much fun coloring but we didn't make it very far because she kept trying to beat the eggs on the table and throw them on the floor. So, here was our finished product.

We dyed 18 eggs and then realized, what in the world are we going to do with these once they were decorated? Nothing. So, they stunk up our fridge and I plan on throwing them all out tomorrow. At least they're pretty!
We hung out around the house until Londyn had a nap and headed to Chick-fil-a around 1. I had NO idea Londyn loved chicken nuggets THAT much. She gobbled the whole thing up plus almost all of her fruit (the watermelon wasn't the good in it).
After, we headed over to Petsmart and Londyn got to see all the animals! I REALLY wish I had pulled my camera out and taken a video of that because she went nuts for the birds. Who woulda thought? Our daughter loving birds! She was giggling, stomping, and squealing watching them and was not happy at all when we dragged her away. She did get to watch the puppies in the doggy daycare and did everything she could to try and climb through the glass wall. I've never seen anyone that determined to get in and play with dogs. She loves dogs and Erik has finally conceded that once we get a house, we need a dog just because Londyn loves them sooo much.
Londyn was pretty cranky after all this (she didn't get a great nap), so we decided to go home for awhile and let her lay down a little longer.
We wanted to go to the park, but the weather was rainy and dark that day.
After, we took her over to the mall and she got to play in the play center. She wasn't really quite sure what to do with all those big fluffy toys and Erik was very concerned that they whole place smelled like pee (it wasn't pee though, it was just the ammonia in the cleaning products). He was very glad when the security guard said they were closing it for 30 minutes. But, Londyn wasn't at all happy about it. She finally figured out that she could climb on ANYTHING she wanted in there and then we had to put her back in the stroller. What the heck, right?

We went home and had tacos that night and watched movies as a family until Londyn went to bed.
Day 1 of Staycation = no definite plans and lots of fun.
Friday
That morning, we had an Easter egg hunt for church playgroup. Last year, Londyn obviously couldn't participate in any egg hunts, so we were so excited that she would be able to this year. We just knew that she was going to love picking up all the eggs and putting them in her basket.....we were wrong.
Before I tell you how this worked out, let me tell you about Londyn and the gym floor at church. Something about that gym floor makes our daughter run and scream with happiness. We have absolutely no idea what about that floor is so dang special that she finds the need to squeal and run her little booty off, but she thinks she needs to the second her feet hit the ground.
So, we went in and she immediately started running. And she didn't stop until we left (hence, why all the pictures are blurry and I could only use 3 out of the 20 taken). When they opened the other half of the gym to where the hidden eggs were, she took off and ran in circles around Erik while he tried so hard to show her what to do with the eggs. She responded by picking all the eggs out of the basket and running off with them or throwing them on the ground while screaming with delight.

She ended up with a grand total of 4 eggs while other kids had their Easter baskets full of eggs. Haha. Which, we definitely didn't mind because that meant less candy and she obviously had no idea what she was missing out on anyway. It was way entertaining to watch.
Friday afternoon, my grandpa flew in and we spent most of the weekend at my parents house with him. We don't see him but once a year so it was really nice to spend some time with him.
Saturday
I didn't get any pictures and it wasn't a very eventful day, but it was nice.
We spent the day at my parents with my grandpa. Londyn got to swim in a super cold blow up pool, but totally enjoyed the heck out of it, anyway. Erik was sure she was going to get hypothermia in 85 degree weather. Hehe. He cracks me up with all the worrying he does. What a good daddy.
That night, we went up to see Grandaddy (my great-grandpa) at the rehab and my dad made some amazing ribs and corn while my mom complimented with coleslaw and potato salad. We had a great dinner with the family and it was really a treat for Grandaddy to have some home cooking brought to him. It was also nice to spend some time out in the courtyard with him talking before dinner, too.
Sunday (Easter)
Sunday morning, we headed up to see Grandaddy around 9 and our ward choir was nice enough to go up and sing to all the residents on Easter morning. It was the prettiest thing ever and definitely a great way to start Easter, right? I wish I had taken some pictures, but really wasn't thinking about it at the time. It was really special, though and all the residents enjoyed it. Have I mentioned we have the best ward ever?
When we got home, I had started having these awesome Braxton-Hicks which continued until late that night and ended up making me home-bound for the rest of the day (perfect timing, huh?). But, Erik and Londyn were able to go to church long enough for Sacrament (Londyn had refused a nap and was a terror through church) and they headed back home.
Luckily, everything I had planned for Easter dinner only took 30 minutes to make (except the ham which I had started in the Crock Pot that morning), because I definitely was not feeling great. It was the first Easter dinner I had ever made and our first and last one to spend together as just the three of us (next year, we'll have 4!). It turned out really good too, wouldn't ya know?
Right after, Erik and Londyn headed up to Little Elm to see the cousins and they all had great time up there. I really missed seeing everyone, but I'm glad Londyn and Erik got to spend some time with them, at least. While they were up there, a really nasty storm blew through and I was here freaking out because the winds in Little Elm were super high and I had seen something about a possible tornado in the area. Oh, it was nuts. But, everything turned out okay and they headed home in between storm 1 and 2.
Overall, we had a great staycation! I hope you cared as much about our weekend as I felt I needed to document! Haha. It was our last long weekend of only 3 Sanders and we thoroughly enjoyed it!
4 comments:
Your staycation sounded wonderful, Karen, and I think you have a future basketball player on your hands in your daughter. Glad you three enjoyed the four days together.
Love you, Nana C
That sounds like a wonderful staycation. Sometimes those are very much needed... and I have to agree with you that we do have the best ward ever! :)
Sounds like such a fun weekend. Staycations are the best, just spending time with each other, especially before the baby comes! I can't wait for Scotlyn because Londyn is such a crack up! She is awesome!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post and wished there was more to read! Staycations are wonderful, and I'm glad you planned something special for just the 3 of you.
LOve you all! Ruby
Post a Comment