Sunday, April 10, 2011

All Mine


We're getting closer and closer to expanding our family from three to four and the anxiety, anticipation, and excitement are all elevating to new levels every single day. June 22nd is creeping up on us pretty fast and we're both starting to really feel it (Erik, nerves and me, physically).

We're so excited, but there are moments like this that make me so grateful for the little time we have left to focus wholly on Londyn, spend as much one on one time with her as possible, and help show her just how much we love her and appreciate her before she loses her spot in the limelight. She's about to share the center of attention and while I know she's going to do great with this transformation and I can't wait to meet Miss Scotlyn, it still makes my heart a little sad to know that Londyn won't be the only number one anymore and that she's going to know it.


I know she's going to be a great big sister and she's going to love Scotlyn to pieces because she's just that awesome with little ones. She has never ever had a problem sharing attention with any child I babysit and has always tried to help and not take attention away, ever. She's exceptional in that area.

I have never been worried about Erik being able to handle it and I'm so glad that I don't have to. He's a great dad and I know he's going to do everything in his power to help me and Londyn make this transition. I'm very lucky to have such a wonderful husband who cares so much about all of us.

I can't wait to watch the gigantic ways our lives are all about to change in the next two and a half months. I'm very nervous, but I can't wait.

Until then....I'll continue appreciating that these two amazing beings are all mine.

3 comments:

My Mind and Its Musings said...

I'm very excited for you and your family to be able to welcome this new little person into your famly. Scotlyn will only add to Londyn's life, Karen, not take from it. You and Erik won't suddenly ignore Londyn or leave her out of family happenings, because you will make special efforts in that direction. And she will gain immensely from becoming the "Big Sister" to the baby. She's so totally secure in your love for her that she will be ready to share it and love her sister as only a big sister can.

Great days are coming up.

Great new look for your blog.

Love you, Nana C

Tyler Mons said...

What a sweet post. I can completely relate to how you feel. Logan was 3 1/2 before Mariah was born and I struggled so much thinking that he would feel a bit shafted. But just as Nana says, the sibling just adds to all of the joy. I have no doubts that you and Erik are totally capable of making sure both your girls always feel loved. What a fun time in life to grow your family. Cherish it!

Loveyou! Robyn

John Sanders said...

You are such a good writer and have a special way of expressing yourself! It is a talent of yours for sure!
I have to say that I agree with the other 2 comments. You and Erik will do great and the beautiful thing is that our love expands with each child we have. It is amazing what happens and very difficult to explain. You are an awesome mom and Erik an awesome dad. You guys will be great! and those two lucky girls will know how loved they are always.
Love you! Suely