That's seriously how it has felt since Scotlyn got here. Life picked up and started moving so fast, Erik and I are just trying to keep up.
I'm going to try and make it a goal to blog at least once a week, but I'm not going to promise anything. I know how important it is to chronicle the lives of my kids and trust me, I would LOVE to have all of this recorded for them one day, so I'll do my best!
Londyn's 2nd Birthday
Londyn's 2nd Birthday
Londyn turned two a week before Scotlyn was born and we had a birthday party with the family the weekend before. It was a lot of fun and we were able to Skype with Erik's parents and sing "Happy Birthday" to her in English AND Portuguese (It seriously boggles me what we can do with technology now.).
It was a swimming party and it was UNBELIEVABLY hot. Londyn had so much fun and Erik's brothers and their families came down from Little Elm to help celebrate. My family came, too and brought Grandaddy out to share her birthday also.
The morning of her birthday, we blew up a ton of balloons which she was completely surprised to see. It was so funny to see her face when she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and saw our whole living room filled with balloons. She loved it and we left them blown up until the night before Scotlyn was born.

Fast Forward to now.....

Fast Forward to now.....
Erik and I just started back to school a few weeks ago and we're busting our booties trying to keep up with how fast classes are moving. We're taking the same classes, which is nice because we're able to help eachother out. We're taking History (pre-Civil War) and College Algebra. I rock at history and Erik rocks at College Algebra, so it should be a win-win, right?
Our first research paper for our history class is due on Tuesday and let me tell ya, I don't think Erik's written a research paper since high school and it's been a year or two for me. I'm interested to see how well this turns out. I have a rough draft right now, but it's super rugged.
My parents have been awesome and watching the girls while we've been getting our schooling on. It's been hard being away from them for those 3 hours twice a week, but it's almost been a welcomed breather for me. I love them to death, but it's nice getting away from someone needing you constantly for a few hours.
In other news, Erik and I have been doing the "Couch to 5k" program and we're both feeling awesome in it. We're on week 6 (There are 9 weeks). I started it by myself thinking it would just be me, but Erik decided it was time to get back into shape and that feeling old at 23 didn't feel too great. We both feel so much better and have a different sense of self confidence in our physical ability. It's been such a great feeling. We're planning on running the Turkey Trot 5k this Thanksgiving.
For more exciting news....
Our family will all be sealed together in the Temple on October 15th! We're super excited and have been counting down the days. I wish Londyn was where she understood how exciting this is and how important it is for our family. It feels like my conversion will be complete once we take the step of becoming an eternal family. We cannot wait!
Erik's immediate family, plus a little more will be coming in for our sealing. Erik will be blessing Scotlyn the following day. We're in for a very spiritual weekend and it can't come fast enough.
Scotlyn
Scotlyn is seriously one of the sweetest babies I have ever met. She has been a little more needy than Londyn was, but she's still an exceptional baby.
She's two and a half months old and she's smiling and cooing all over the place. She has the sweetest little smile. Her little button nose makes it so stinkin' cute, I can hardly stand it.
Two month check up:
She's two and a half months old and she's smiling and cooing all over the place. She has the sweetest little smile. Her little button nose makes it so stinkin' cute, I can hardly stand it.
Two month check up:
15th% for head
45th% for weight
75th% for height
She weighed 10.8 lbs and was 23 3/4 inches long. (I didn't catch her head size).
In case you don't understand how to read these percentile things (It took me awhile to understand), she has a little head, she's normal for weight, and she's pretty long. I've never seen numbers all over the place like hers. Haha Londyn was always about the same percentile for head and weight and then way up there for height.

One month old
In case you don't understand how to read these percentile things (It took me awhile to understand), she has a little head, she's normal for weight, and she's pretty long. I've never seen numbers all over the place like hers. Haha Londyn was always about the same percentile for head and weight and then way up there for height.
One month old

Scotlyn is very excitable now and shows it by waving her hands and kicking her legs. She's been sleeping through the night for the most part and it has really been nice that the girl doesn't wake up til about 5:30 or 6am.
She needs to be rocked to sleep still and we're going to start working on breaking that soon. I do love it, but it's not a good habit for her to have. We haven't broken the news to her that she doesn't need to be held all the time either. She loves to be held and is rarely not in someones arms.
She LOVES to look at her big sister and have her play with her.
She sits up at the dinner table with us. Actually, she sits ON the dinner table in her Bumbo. Because she's so social, she doesn't think she can sit in the living room while we eat. She always has to be facing the action while she's in someone's lap or arms.
She takes a pacifier for naps and sleeping. Meaning, she goes to sleep with it, but spits it out right after she falls asleep. This is another thing we hope she breaks on her own.
And....she still hasn't lost any of that super fuzz on her legs, arms, and back.
Londyn
Londyn is 2 years and almost 3 months old now. She's a ball of energy and has been labeled as a "spirited" child. She very much has her own personality and does not hold back in showing it. She still gets kind of shy with new people, but it doesn't take too long for her to warm up.
Londyn is 2 years and almost 3 months old now. She's a ball of energy and has been labeled as a "spirited" child. She very much has her own personality and does not hold back in showing it. She still gets kind of shy with new people, but it doesn't take too long for her to warm up.
2 year check up:
95th% in Height
50th% in Weight
45th% for Head
So she's average in weight and head, but still a pretty tall girl. She's 30 lbs now and I can't remember how tall she is. She really doesn't look that tall to me compared to other kids, but the statistics say she's going to be a tall girl. her pediatrician told us that she would probably end up being over 5'9 when she grows up. I've always said I would be the shortest in the family and so far, I'm right. Erik's tall genes are taking over and we're only on baby #2. Haha I can't wait to see what our family pictures look like when our kids are grown.
Back to Londyn. She's still not talking a whole lot but she does say words and will every once in awhile repeat something I've said or something she feels like saying. We have no doubt that she doesn't understand, because she definitely does. She picks and chooses what she feels like listening to which we're working on.
Londyn loves to put things on top of her sister. She shares her toys with her all the time.
She's not very keen on arts and crafts, but now that I'm back to myself, I'm working on getting her back into that. This week, we glued marshmallows and cheerios to poster board inside the letters of her name. I found out she thinks marshmallows are gross...so gross that she doesn't even like to touch them.
Back to Londyn. She's still not talking a whole lot but she does say words and will every once in awhile repeat something I've said or something she feels like saying. We have no doubt that she doesn't understand, because she definitely does. She picks and chooses what she feels like listening to which we're working on.Londyn loves to put things on top of her sister. She shares her toys with her all the time.
She's not very keen on arts and crafts, but now that I'm back to myself, I'm working on getting her back into that. This week, we glued marshmallows and cheerios to poster board inside the letters of her name. I found out she thinks marshmallows are gross...so gross that she doesn't even like to touch them.
She LOVES water and playing in it. There's no taking her away from water once she's seen it, or especially once she's been in it. She could play in the sprinklers for hours.

She knows how to count to ten, but REALLY likes 2 and 5. When she goes up to count Scotlyn's fingers, she points to then one by one but only said "do....sigh" over and over. Hehe.

She knows how to count to ten, but REALLY likes 2 and 5. When she goes up to count Scotlyn's fingers, she points to then one by one but only said "do....sigh" over and over. Hehe.
We do patty cake a lot and she "marks it with an L" by pointing her fingers straight up and making L's with her hands. It's super cute.
She loves to do the hand signs when we sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and the "Itsy Bitsy Spider". She also tolerates me singing new songs to her now. She used to yell "no no no no!" when I would start to sing any song, but especially the ABC's.
She loves to give kisses and she blows them and says "Byes!" before walking out the door or going to bed. She also loves to tell my mom's assistant "Good Day" for have a good day.
She also loves to play outside like you wouldn't believe. Now that it's cooling down again, we're able to go on long walks and visit the park. We're really excited about this. :)
She loves Scotlyn like you wouldn't believe. She's a little rough with her and doesn't understand that Scotlyn can't be dragged around like her baby doll. But, she's getting better at the whole "being soft" thing.
She sticks her finger in her eye when you tell her to say "cheese" for a picture.

She loves Scotlyn like you wouldn't believe. She's a little rough with her and doesn't understand that Scotlyn can't be dragged around like her baby doll. But, she's getting better at the whole "being soft" thing.She sticks her finger in her eye when you tell her to say "cheese" for a picture.


4 comments:
Love it. Fun and exciting times at your house!
These insightful observations will mean the world to your children someday, Karen. You are an inspired writer, Karen. Keep it up.
Love you, Nana C.
What a fun update! I felt like I learned a lot about your girls. They are so cute. I'm dying to see them again! Oct get here already!!
You guys do have so much awesomeness going on! I am so excited for all the special things coming up in October. I just wanted to tell you that I think it is so important that you have some breaks. You are just amazingly awesome because you are spending those breaks at school and improving yourself. I think this stage of two little ones at home is when you need the most breaks because they literally need you right now probably more than they ever will. Go to school for 3 hours, rejuvinate, refresh and don't feel one ounce of guilt about it! (not that you were, but you for sure shouldn't) Also, congrats on the 5k program. That sounds awesome! I am so happy that you guys are doing so great and are so happy! YAY!
Post a Comment