Okay, so my goal to blog every week was kind of a flop considering it's been like three weeks since my last post. It's even more sad that I have Blogger on my phone now and still haven't found the time to post a simple blog (although, the thought has frequently crossed my mind-the energy just hasn't been there).
So, I'm going to make it up to you (whoever actually reads and cares about our blog) ;).
One year ago today, I was baptized by Erik and joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I cannot believe it's already been a year, but it's also felt like we were moving in slow motion getting here. Good thing we've had a toddler, pregnancy, and birth to distract us from waiting day by day until the day we could go to the temple and be sealed.
I can't believe we're basically 5 days from being sealed in the temple. It's so surreal to think we're as close as we are to becoming a forever family. We will be bound to each other trough a huge power and I'm counting on it making our family even stronger and spiritually enriched.
We had our temple recommend interview with our stake president today and the way he explained how special and important it is to have this blessing made Erik and I both feel so good. We'll be making promises to Heavenly Father to love and care for each other and our family. Making that sacred promise to God makes it even more special. We'll be making more than an earthly contract to each other. That feels so incredible.
Anyway, it all happens next weekend and Erik's whole side will be coming in on Friday. This will be the first time that Erik's parents will have seen Scotlyn and also, our new nephew Jake. We know that they're beyond excited, as are we. The distance has been hard.
We'll be moving on the 22nd to a first story apartment, which actually directly below our third story one we're living in now. We're way excited but also dreading the packing I have yet to start.
We had squirrels get caught in our walls and in the attic of our apartment and they died in there. It was so gross. They had to open up the walls and pull the carcasses out and also found a bunch of dead birds. Yuck. It took a few times to get the smell out an some super chemical to make go away (although I can still smell it). So we were fine until I was sitting in the living room and heard squirrels running over my head. We went and requested a free move to a first level immediately afterwards. Oh! And now we having something living in or dryer vent too! You can hear it run out when we start our dryer. How awesome is that?
We've loved this apartment complex but the third floor by the woods is not a good idea. I'm sure we'll be a lot happier on the first floor. On a side note, it will also be awesome not to be carrying a toddler and an infant in a carseat up three flights of stairs.
Now for Londyn:
She's getting so big and her personality gets a little bigger every day. She's learning more words (thanks to speech therapy) and becoming more willing to say those words. She's so unbelievably smart and I can't wait until she talks more to show everyone else what we already know about her.
She loves to wrestle and throw things ( especially balls). She plays pretend a lot and is learning to love dress up. We started painting with watercolors in the bath tub last week and I'm pretty sure that's her new favorite thing. She is such a loving girl too.
She runs up and gives us hugs unprompted during the day and I don't think there's anything more heart warming than that.
She makes us laugh so much between the way she takes care if Scotlyn and her facial expressions.
She's definitely her own person and knows it. I've never seen a kid more independent at the age of two. She knows what she likes and how she wants things to be, so she makes that happen. I can't wait to see what she'll be like the older she gets. She's going to be a very passionate girl which makes for a handful but we won't mind.
She loves her little sister so much. She knows how to make Scotlyn laugh and she does it often. She's always trying to take care of her and make her smile. She's an awesome big sister.
Scotlyn's happenings:
She smiles and talks so much. She has a super infectious smile and shows it to everyone. She's smaller than Londyn was at her age and is still in 0-3 month clothes, although she's almost 4 months old. I'm glad she's not shooting up as fast as Lo did, especially if she's our last baby for another four years.
She's still breastfeeding and doing awesome at it. I'm not ready to start her on rice cereal yet if it's not something that's super necessary. My goal is to nurse her for a year. Formula's expensive! It's also the best thing I can do for her at this point. I wish it had worked out with Londyn longer than two months.
She has mastered holding her head up and when she gets excited she shakes and wiggles all over the place.
She rolled over from tummy to back on her own last week. She hasn't done it much since then. I've been running for a camera every time she even acts interested, though.
Our 5k!
We ran our first 5k last week and it went surprisingly well! Erik came in first for his age division and I came in 5th for mine. Erik got a free taco coupon out on it! Haha. We're excited to run another one in November for MS.
That's all I got for now! I'll try to be back sooner, but I'm not making any promises. ;)
Now onto the pictures! (sorry they're all out of order but my phone won't let me move them around.)

















1 comment:
Great posting, Karen. I love hearing about your family and seeing the precious pictures. Glad you're getting your 1st floor apartment--that has to be so much easier on you and Erik when carting around the little guys.
Love you, Nana C.
Post a Comment