Lately, I've really felt prompted to get my blogging fingers back on. I started to feel like by not blogging, I'm missing a lot of events that we may forget later on.
I'm not good at keeping a journal and I'm not proud of it. One of my goals is to start writing down my feelings and to make a point of chronicalling our lives. The girls are growing up so fast and I don't want to face the day they ask me "Hey Mom, how old was I when I started walking?" and I have no idea. Londyn has a baby book with all that information stated, but I have not been nearly as good with Scotlyn. I have pictures and dates to keep track but that's not as good as a solid book that I can physically hand her one day.
I've spent more time focusing on what she's doing at the time rather than reading about what she'll do next and how many days and months she was when she did it the first time.
Londyn's milestones are a lot more spaced now but none the less important and exciting. I've been missing them too.
What we've been up to:
Erik and I both took this semester off to breathe and get Londyn potty trained. Last semester was an unbelievably busy semester. We were struggling to make it through the day with how tired we were. Juggling a family, school, work, fitness, church, and a social life is pretty close to impossible, but we were doing it and running on fumes. We both decided that we needed to spend more time at home and get Londyn re-potty trained and Scotlyn done with her nursing days before we would plunge back into trying to do it all.
Erik received a new calling at church. He is now a primary teacher with the "Valiant 9's". In other words, he teaches the 9 year olds about the gospel and does activities with them at church on Sunday. He loves it, although it is challenging considering 9 year olds are very, very energetic little humans. He's really had fun with it so far.
He's still working at HUB International and is doing well. We're planning on sending him back to school in the fall to start working towards furthering his abilities and career. We'e known it needed to be done and finally feel like we're ready to take the plunge and make the sacrifices that need to be made.
I'm still chugging along. One Of my many goals for this year is to run a half marathon which is shaping up to be a lot harder than I imagined, but I'm determined to do it. I have a great friend to train with, which makes all the difference in motivation. We get together, three times a week, at 5:30 am to kick each other's butts around before the day begins. It's been a lot of fun.
Londyn just turned 2 years, 8 month old last week and is so much fun. She is definitely grasping her individuality and learning that she is in fact in control of herself. She's such an awesome two year old and has been such a great big sister to Scotlyn.
She had her speech re-evaluation two weeks ago and the therapist determined that she has jumped from being 6-8 months behind on her speech to only 1-2 months behind. We're so proud of her! She had an explosion of words right after I had surgery back in December. Erik had come up with a great idea of teaching her the ABC's with flash cards. I have worked with her and worked with her on this but it hadn't worked until Erik pulled out some flash cards one day. We couldn't believe the difference!
She's learning new words everyday and cracking us up with the things she says. And in exciting news: She's starting to show some interest in potty training again. She was almost completely potty trained before Scoke was born, but during my recovery from birth and an awesome cyst I got, we slid completely backwards and she started refusing to potty in the potty. So, I've been patiently waiting for her to show me that she's ready for a restart and it's getting exciting because she's initiating! We'll see how it goes.
Scotlyn will be 8 months on Wednesday! What!? She started crawling at 6 month and has not slowed down since. She's trying to stand on her own. She learned to pull up right after crawling and she's cruising along furniture and other things as of last week. I can't believe how big she is. It's so not okay how fast this is flying.
Since December, she's had three teeth come in. She looks so cute when she smiles and those little bottom teeth stick up right above her lip.
She's very into EVERYTHING. She started on solids at 5 1/2 months and loved it. She eats everything off the floor (I'm having to constantly vacuum) and loves her finger foods.
She's been eating Cheerios and finger foods for about a month now. She's still nursing and I'm so excited that she is because 1) It's great for her and 2) It means we aren't spending a bucket full of money on formula every month. We're aiming for a year so we can give her the best and avoid extra cost. Only four more months! I'll definitely miss the closeness of it, but I won't mind the freedom of worrying about feeding her in public and timing her feedings just right.
She giggles a lot and has the sweetest smile. She absolutely adores her big sister and they get in trouble together on a daily basis. This week in particular, nap time has been their crazy time. I keep finding Londyn in Scotlyn's crib playing, only minutes after I've left the room. They've spent naptime separated for the last couple days. It drives me crazy, but makes me happy seeing that our goal has been reached (Our goal being: space them two years apart to make them best friends.).
I have to go to bed, but this definitely wasn't a bad start to a new beginning of blogging frequently. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment