Today was our last day as members of the Coppell 2nd ward. It was one of the hardest days I've had in awhile. I didn't think it would be nearly as hard as it was to say goodbye to all of these friends, but I totally underestimated how emotional it would be.
We walked into church this morning and took our usual pew and today, being the first Sunday of the month, was fast and testimony meeting (we fast in prayer for two meals and are invited to share our testimonies at the pulpit during the sacrament meeting), Erik and I both felt very strongly that we needed to share our testimonies one last time.
Erik talked about how much the atonement has helped him in his life and the miracles it has performed. He talked about how special it was that it brought him back to church and how it gave him the ability to be sealed to the girls and I for eternity. It was short, but extremely sweet.
I got up and immediately started getting emotional (which I NEVER do at the pulpit). I talked about how my testimony of Heavenly Father's knowledge and guidance is so strong because he knew that we needed to be in this ward. I mean it so much that he absolutely knew that we needed each and every one of the people in our ward to help us come to church and teach us the tender mercies that we are given each and every day. He gave us these friends and made them family to us and through that, we were directed to our forever family.
These men and women have done such amazing things for us. When Scotlyn was born, we were brought a meal every single night for a week and were provided baby sitting for Londyn. Shortly after, I got really sick and was bound to bed for 3 weeks and every day, someone took care of Londyn and continued to bring us meals. It hasn't always taken births or sickness to have help, either. We've had incredible visiting teachers and home teachers the entire time we lived in the ward boundaries. My visiting teachers were always there and helped me grow spiritually and looked out for us. We had great home teachers, especially one in particular who made sure he was always with us and came to help give a blessing to Scotlyn when she was sick at 9 o'clock one night. He's also helped us move 3 times! We're so indebted to all of the great people who were there for us.
We are both eternally grateful to have had the opportunity to spend the last two and a half years with these incredible people. It was so hard to leave today and know that we won't see them every single Sunday.
We're very excited to start this new chapter in our lives and grow in our new ward, but we'll never forget all of the strength and happiness we attained from the Coppell 2nd ward. We are so blessed.
2 comments:
I enjoyed getting to know you and seeing you and your beautiful family every Sunday. Best of luck in your new ward. And know that we will all miss you as much as you miss us.
Ditto what Dyanna said - we miss you!
Post a Comment