And why have my blog posts been so spaced out this week?
THIS is why. My mom, sister and I all drove by a garage sale a couple of weeks ago and saw this awesome piece of furniture. We had to throw our entertainment center out in our last move because it had absolutely had it. Londyn and Scotlyn had each pulled off a door and it was sagging pretty bad, so we said goodbye to our beloved TV holder.
So, we grabbed this for a whopping $25.
I didn't realize what I was signing up for when I said, "I can redo this, no problem!". It's been a ton of work because it's consisted of so much detail work.
My dad and I attacked it with paint thinner at first, which took some off but burned me a bunch, so we gave up on that. I finally decided to sand it like I normally do when I refinish furniture. Since I started, I've made a lot more progress than the pictures show, but I'm not going to lie...I did accidentally suck up the belt sander cord into the belt sander. My dad had to pull it out and completely redo the cord (Sorry, Dad).
I have to get it done before we move and I don't have much time. So, wish me luck and forgive me for not blogging as often as normal!

No comments:
Post a Comment