Saturday, November 3, 2012

First Haircut

Scotlyn has needed a haircut for awhile. I've just been (rightfully) terrified of screwing it up by cutting it this young. I decided I should go ahead and just do it and I sorta wish I hadn't now. 

Before the first cut:


After:

Here's the horrible part. After this picture was taken, I was like "This isn't so bad. She'll just do some side bangs and it'll look cute and stay out of her eyes, without having to be pulled back." Oh, it'll stay out of her eyes, alright. The lady just kept cutting and cutting and cutting. I was cringing inside but I had high hopes that it would get better with more hair falling on the ground. When she was done, Scotlyn looked like she belonged to "The Beatles". 

I was too horrified and panicked about getting her hair up into (a much shorter) palm tree as soon as possible, to even take a picture of it after it was done. In face, it was two weeks ago (but, I have the blog scheduled for the exact day she got the cut for documentation sake) and I still haven't taken a picture of her with her hair down. It's getting better because it's grown out some, but she still has a mushroom head from the cut. 

It's only hair, right? It'll grow out, right? 

Scotlyn, please laugh at this when you're older and don't hate me. :)

No comments: