Friday, November 30, 2012

Pizza-Poop

I know you're thinking, "What!?", but let me explain.

I add the word "poop" to the end of words sometimes. When I'm in a goofy mood, it happens.

So?

One day, Erik had called in for a pizza to go at our favorite pizza place. I asked Erik "When are you going to get the pizza-poop?"...and I've never regretted saying something more.

Londyn heard me say. Now, do you see where this is going? She picked it up and ran with it.... no sprinted with it.

She had the privilege of going with Erik to the pizza place and repeatedly (and loudly) asked Erik "When's the pizza-poop ready?".

So. Embarassed.

This happened in September and she still tries to slide it into conversations, but gets in trouble for it. When she tries to slip it into prayers, she immediately loses her right to say the prayer. Who knew that "pizza-poop" could become as bad as a four letter word in our house?

When I knew I was going to be a parent, I never EVER imagined that "pizza-poop" would be on my list of "words the kids can't say". No, I took care of that.

So Londyn, when you're a mom, I want you to look at this and see that even adding the word "poop" on the end of a simple word like "pizza" can you get in a lot of trouble.

Lesson. Learned.

No comments: