Sunday, March 10, 2013

Renewal

I haven't been to church in like four weeks because our family has been rotating sickness. The girls started it, Erik got it, then I got it. Scotlyn still has a double ear infection that won't go away, but we were finally able to make it to church today. Last week, we got halfway through the first hour, when Scotlyn spiked a fever so I headed home with her.

When I haven't been to church in awhile, my first day back is always emotional. It's like everything is brand new to me all over again (even if it's only been like one week). I cried during everything today. We had a new missionary speak who was talking to our ward before he left for Venezuela for the next two years. I've NEVER heard an 18 year old boy talk with such passion and emotion about the gospel as this missionary did today. He had to pause to re-collect himself multiple times. I was so impressed and it brought such a sweet spirit into the chapel. I cried right along with him.

During the hymns, for the first time, I really thought about the words I was singing and again started tearing up (I couldn't get a hold of myself today). I felt more like I was reading them than singing them, today. It was very special and kind of embarrassing that I could barely get myself together.

Because I've missed so much church, I haven't seen my Primary kids. They've had sub after sub for the last couple weeks and I was so excited to see them today! Before I even left the chapel, one of my girls, Liv, ran up to me and hugged me and told me she was so excited I was back. She walked all the way to the Primary room with Londyn and I.

When I got to the Primary room, one of my other girls, Shaelan, gave me a bag with "To: Sister Sandrs, From Shaelan" written on it. It was filled with pictures she had drawn over the past couple weeks. She had made them for me and I teared up some more while I went through each one of them. It was such a sweet gesture and it undoubtedly touched me.

 This is supposed to be me. ^


 This one is me, too. I apparently love candy canes. :)
 And this is Shaelan. It says "This is be before bed."

Another one of my girls, Audrey, handed me another picture with horses all over it. It made me laugh because she wrote "No standing behind the horses" on it. Haha.


Every one of them (including the boys!) told me they had missed me and I can't tell you how great it was to know that I mattered in their lives. I haven't felt like I've known at all what I'm doing and today, they made me feel like the best Primary teacher there ever was.

I feel completely renewed just from these kids and the radiance of their little spirits. 

 
While we went through the lesson today, the girls made this last picture for me. They're so sweet. :)

1 comment:

Tori :) said...

Liv was VERY excited you were bag!! She loves you lots!