We went to Glen Rose, Texas to visit Fossil Rim. It's a 30 mile drive thru zoo just southwest of Fort Wroth. The girls were way excited, can't you tell?
Scotlyn threw up all over herself 30 minutes before we go there and had to have her whole outfit changed. It was a rough start to our trip, but we prevailed!
We were given (I saw given, but this bag of food was $8) a bag of food to throw to the animals along the way. The girls went crazy over it and I'm pretty sure Scotlyn ate like half the bag.
Right when we got into the zoo, Scotlyn saw this employee and said "Hi, Santa!" out the window at him. Erik and I were laughing hysterically because we couldn't believe she said it. I'm pretty sure he didn't hear her but it was hilarious none the less.
I think the most fun part for the girls was being able to walk around the car while we were driving. The speed limit was 15mph, but the traffic was so bad during the first half, we seriously inched. They were so excited.
Erik and I weren't impressed with the variety of animals they had. Most of them were deer or somehow related to the deer family, but the girls loved it. There were a few zebras, goats and giraffes thrown in. They loved throwing the food and getting the animals to come right up next to the car to eat it. The girls were the best part of this 4 hour tour of deer. They kept us laughing.
Halfway through the zoo, they had a place to eat and a petting zoo. We had lunch and the girls got to pet goats.
Londyn actually touched an animal! This is a big deal because she hasn't wanted to have anything to do with any animals at the Dallas Zoo. She even brushed a goat, while he ate. Erik brought up the weirdness of "petting". He asked me how weird I'd feel if people ran up to me and started petting me while I was eating, saying "Oh! Look! She's eating! Come feel her hair. So soft!". Hehe I couldn't stop laughing the entire time.
Scotlyn didn't really care about the goats. She had a lot more fun jumping off the little ledge where the feeding trough stood.
'
We saw a few more animals and even got some to eat out of our hands and peaced out.
Before we went, I wasn't sure about a hotel. I was worried that it would be unnecessary, but in the end, we were so glad we got one. We were exhausted from the zoo and trying to corral the kids in the back of the car for four hours. The girls have never been in a hotel and went crazy. I enjoy a pillow fight a lot more, when it's not my pillows I'm throwing. ;)
The next day, we found a hiking trail and playground on our way out of town. The weather was beautiful that morning and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
Erik found this street sign and we had to take a picture. We have some friends with a little girl named "Grace Barnard" and we felt we absolutely had to get this for them. It was so cool!
Once we got back, we hung out in Flower Mound all week. My parents went on a cruise and we house sat and hung out with my sister and Grandaddy all week. The girls had a yard to play in and most space to run around all week. Plus, they got to hang out with Aunt KayLe for a whole week. Awesome much?
We gave the girls popsicles on the back porch after swinging and Scotlyn's clothes never made it back on. She's so funny.
Erik and I played basketball while the girls played in the driveway. This is Erik's best basketball stance. ;)
I got THREE rare pictures of Londyn SMILING! Can you believe it!? I couldn't! I love having something to put in her history of her smiling and not avoiding the camera. Such a pretty girl.
Yesterday, we got our first pool day of the season. The girls were shivering after an hour of swimming, but still insisting on staying in. They love the water.
Erik was running errands and was going to pick up swim diapers, but I had to get them in the water before he got back, before dinner. Scotlyn's bottoms fell down so low, she had butt crack showing. It was hilarious! Eventually the tag started covering her butt crack.
I thought it was hysterical.
I thought it was hysterical.
Spring Break 2013 was great! I wish we could have another week of it, but at least we have a month long break between Spring and Summer semesters, coming up in May. We couldn't get enough of these cuties.





No comments:
Post a Comment