Monday, April 8, 2013

Growing a Garden

I started a growing a garden at my parents' house and I have been obsessed with it's progress. Last summer, I tried to start one, but I didn't research it whatsoever and planted in soil that was highly mixed with clay, late in the summer and directly in the heat of the day. Needless to say, it wilted it up and never made it past a few buds. 

However, this year has been awesome! I'm so excited about how much I see change every day. I have a class in Flower Mound two nights out of the week and I swung by my parents house to pick up my house and check my plants. Today, I was so excited to see that my green bean vine had grown 3 INCHES since yesterday. 3 INCHES Y'ALL! It was in the ground barely budding yesterday. 


I also had some other ones that started to bud. Don't worry, I know you probably don't care. That's okay, you don't have to. :)



This little guy is my zucchini starting to bloom. My garden is right next to a willow tree, so there's always a bunch of leaves blown into it. I'm always cleaning it out, but at least they get more shaded so we don't have a repeat of last year. :)


There's something so exciting and rewarding about growing your own food. We haven't produced anything yet, but I did get excited to go pick basil and cilantro from MY GARDEN for a dish I made last week. I planted so much stuff, it's going to be crazy. I just learned that you have to have a TON of room for cucumber plants and I planted like 20 seeds all right next to each other in a planter box. We'll be moving those this weekend. ;)

No comments: