We decided to get up and go to the UNT homecoming parade. I realized this would be the only one I'll probably ever go to and I knew the girls would love it. So we brought along my sister and headed down to the square. We grabbed donuts on the way there and waited for the parade to come around the corner.
Can I just say we have the coolest courthouse ever?
We made some goofy faces, danced around and chased each other in circles while we waited.
They finally showed up and the band was first. I was in band in middle school, and although I didn't have a passion for it, it still touches me every single time I hear a marching band play. Drum line has always been my favorite part of it and I was so excited to see the girls get excited about it too.
The girls love the buses at UNT. Everyday when they drop me off, they freak out and yell about the buses. They did so as well when one rolled through the parade.
The girls were thrown some beads and are still playing with them this week.
I'm pretty sure the girls got more candy from the parade than they did from trick or treating and the trunk or treat combined. But hey, it was one of the most fun parades we've ever been to. Totally worth waiting on the sidewalk for an hour. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment