Saturday, January 10, 2009

Baby Stories and Wedding Pictures(pictures coming soon!)

Heylo everyone!
This is Erik for this update. First and foremost gotta get to some thanking business. Karen and I had a beautiful wedding and we are so so so so thankful to everyone who came, sent us something, wished us good luck, or anything of the sort! We are truly blessed and thankful for all of you.
I'll kick this part of with a baby story:
Karen and I went to the doctor on Jan. 6th for a normal checkup and whatnot. They do all the junk like take her pulse, blah blah boring stuff (I want info on my baby dangit!). The doctor comes in ready to hear the baby's hearbeat and check for normalcy. She has a little trouble finding it for a second, but when she does, there's a giant THUMP! noise. The doctor goes "The baby just kicked me!", and Karen and I both start laughing and the doctor does for a little as well. Finally I stop laughing, but Karen is hysterical! She cannot stop worth anything, and makes the microphone thing make these weird "boom boom boom" noises everytime she makes a move. So finally the doctor gives up because once you get Karen goin', there's no stopping until she is ready. Just thought it was funny how immediatly when the doctor found the heartbeat, our little baby just Jackie Chan's the microphone(future soccer player, anyone?). No pictures for this segment on the baby side, just a normal checkup, BUT, we will be finding out what the baby is on February 2nd(a day after my birthday), which is going to be the best present ever! I'm so excited for this little baby to come and be in it's daddy's arms. Good luck to anyone who wants to hold her, this daddy is going to be a baby-hog.
Just this week we bought a crib, mattress, mattress pad, 2 sheets, a baby bjorn(for free!), and a kick-hiney bouncer all for under 300 dollars! Getting all this stuff is making everything more real, knowing that there actually is going to be a baby in that crib, but I know still the full impact hasn't hit me. I'm a very lucky man though, got a great wife who is going to be the best mom ever, and a cute little baby who will be loved so much.
Now for the wedding portion of the update:
As said before, we had a beautiful wedding (despite many visible boogars), and I'll remember it forever. We DO have wedding pictures back, but I am too lazy to post any right now. There are over 1300 pictures, and just going through them all has me spent for the week, so we'll be putting those up later. Married life is going great, it's very comforting to be next to the one you love at night. Karen's parents are incredible and so generous to be letting us make camp at there house until we get on our feet. So thankful for them and accepting our family in their home.
We love you all and we'll keep you updated!
Daddy Erik =)

2 comments:

joana said...

all this baby stuff is so exciting! and your wedding was beautiful! (we still have to bring you over your present) we're so happy for you guys!

Patty Girl said...

Everything sounds so great for you guys! We are so happy for you and can't wait to meet your little baby. Having the baby is even better than you think it will be. Congrats!