Also, Erik is working very diligently on striking gold with a new company, which I am proud of him for. He got some training and testing for a dispatching job which entails a nice hourly wage and hours. He got some multi-tasking and memory training in which is nice because he definitely struggles in that with his ADD mind. I'm confident that even if he doesn't get this job, the skills he'll have to learn for testing will help him. The man needs some organization skills! Haha. He's also been working on some programming websites to help get that career up and going sooner than later. He's got a lot on his plate but he's doing his best to get his grown up life up and going.
Now for the baby. So we took a blood test at our last prenatal appointment and it was to test for the probability of the baby having down syndrome or spina bifita. They called us and said we had a heightened risk of having a baby with down syndrome so we're having a level two ultrasound done on Monday to find out for sure if we need to be prepared. After panicking and worrying, we looked up some things about the triple screen test (test we took) and found out that it's actually a terrible test to take. The probability of it being right is 1 in 100 and with my age and Erik's age and the combination of our clean genetic history, our chances are so tiny we really don't feel we have anything to worry about anymore. So, we're taking the positive side of this and getting super excited that we'll more than likely find out what the baby is on Monday and get to see how much bigger it's gotten in the last 4 weeks. We're both really excited to find out who the little one nudging me in the night is and who is making my waist disappear more and more everyday. Seems like I'm getting bigger and bigger everyday!
My progress so far....16 weeks on the dot in the picture below!
As for the best news....-drum roll-Erik was given 2 Mavs tickets for the game against Utah tomorrow night! Yay! We're both really excited, but I know I'm more excited for the dining beforehand. =] We have a gift card for Olive Garden, which I have been craving like 24/7. I seem to have fallen in love with Italian food lately and it's the only thing that makes me hungry no matter how sick I feel. Erik's so excited about the game he can barely sit still though. He gets the realization every couple of hours and comes up to me and says, "Karen! We have the Mavs game tomorrow!" Hehe. So cute. So, expect pictures because we will both be in our Mavs attire rooting for the Mavs to kick some bootay in this expected-to-be close game (Erik did his research). Before, I'll be in Heaven with my Italian food. Overall, it'll be a wonderful night with basketball and noodles. =]
Before Karen ends the post, just got a little bit of info to put out there. I have 2 new e-mails that will be for personal use to get away from all the job spam, and plus, I can use this e-mail on outlook and I think outlook is pretty dang cool =). Our family e-mail is erikarenfamily@gmail.com, and my personal one is erixanders@gmail.com. So ya there's that. Alsooooooo, got some pictures of our baby stuff to show y'all. We got alot of stuff on discount, and we just want to show off all the stuff we've got so far =).
Bottles, brushes, and wipes we picked up.
We are such lucky people to have so many people that love us and have helped us with so much. We thank God everyday for having such amazing family and friends in our lives! Thank you all for everything you do for us and the care and love you extend to us every single day! We love you all and hope you have a great weekend and week to follow!
Love, Karen and Erik
4 comments:
Way to snag some great deals. What kind of baby stuff do you guys need?
Lol We don't know until after Monday really. After Monday hopefully we'll have a better idea.
You guys are so special! And smart!
I am so proud of you both.
You look so cute with your little belly showing.
We watched the game and were so glad you were there to see it. It was a great game.
Olive Garden is one of my favorite places also.
Love,
Suely
getting new baby stuff is so much fun! cute stuff, love the crib!
hope you had fun at the game and at the olive garden (i've been craving chinese)
Post a Comment