Saturday, June 15, 2013

Londyn turns 4!

I can't believe Londyn is 4 years old. It totally freaks me out. I know everyone says this, but the day she was born feels so incredibly recent. It feels impossible that that day was 4 years ago. She's been an essential being of our family. I can't imagine what our lives would look like if she wasn't here to make it happier and funnier.

She's a fun little girl and has her dad's humor. She's so funny! I love how quirky she is. Her personality is so original and I'm so glad that she is undoubtedly the only girl I've ever met that is anything like her. She reminds me of no one but her.

Her birthday was so much fun for our whole family. I've never anticipated someone else's birthday like I anticipated hers. It was so fun counting down with her and hyping her up about it. She was so excited!


We bought her a blue Cinderella bike for her birthday (Pictures to come once I get home and plug my camera in). We covered it and put it by her chair so she wouldn't see it until she was ready to have breakfast. She was ecstatic! She immediately jumped on it and wanted to take it for a ride, but we made her eat her birthday donut first (Aren't we mean?).


Before we went down, she got to open up all her cards from family members. She loved every one of them and had to wear her new skirt from Nana Kiker for her birthday.






When we finally got outside with her bike, she jumped on and was ready to go...but it took a little while to teach her how to actually ride her bike. It took us about 20 minutes to get out our apartment complex, but she finally got the hang of it and didn't want to go back upstairs.










After getting ready, we went to the mall and let her pick out a bunch of candy. She couldn't believe we were letting her do this. We try to keep sugar for special occasions and she was already loaded with it by 11am. But hey, it was her birthday. :)



 Scotlyn wasn't too upset about getting to eat candy, too. ;)

 They got to go down to the play place at the mall and run around. They love that place.


Next stop was Chickon Way (Chick-fil-a). These two love this place. We don't eat here often, but we do get ice cream once a week and play in the tubes. 


After naps and hanging around for a little while, we went to Cheesecake Factory with my family for Father's Day and to celebrate Londyn's birthday. After getting to macaroni and cheese and pizza (two of her favorites), the staff brought her a plate with her name on it, with a champagne glass full of ice cream and fudge. 

  



We got back to my parents' house and she got to open more presents. She was so excited! 




She picked out her "Wangers Cake" for her birthday and we didn't have real birthday candles so we used a tea light instead. She didn't mind. :)





Overall, it was a great day and she had so much fun. :)

I thought I'd add our Facebook posts about her birthday so she could see one day.


No comments: