Friday, October 4, 2013

State Fair of Texas

I haven't been to the state fair since I was 17 and Erik went two years ago with work, so we decided our kids were finally big enough to go and enjoy it. Londyn is big enough to finally ride rides and I've never had the fried food at the state fair. So we grabbed the kidlets and my sister and headed to the fair for an afternoon full of grease, sweat and fun.

I had to the get a picture of the kids in front of the new Big Tex. Londyn was so hyped up, she couldn't sit still and kept jumping off. I'm pretty sure this first picture is one of my favorite pictures of her ever. 

 

The girls got their first funnel cake and I had to document. They both loved it, although you cant tell because Scotlyn has inherited her sister's "I don't smile for the camera" attitude. I swear she loved it!


Londyn and Scotlyn rode their very first roller coaster rides. They weren't very roller coastery, but never the less, they enjoyed it. I love this picture of Londyn. She had so much fun!



We got to see bees and pet cows.


We saw these ENORMOUS bunny rabbits. They were a good two feet long. We couldn't get over how these rabbits got so big! 


Scotlyn is a total dog kid. She LOVES animals, but especially dogs. We couldn't get her away from the puppies. She adored them. It was super sweet and makes me want to get her a dog pronto. 


We got to the petting farm building and the girls went crazy for the animals. These two are normally completely freaked out by touching animals (not as much Scoke, as Londyn), but completely threw all of those fears right out the window. They had some feed to feed them with and let loose. Scotlyn was almost bit by a donkey and KayLe did end up getting bit by a rooster. 


Outside, they had the coin foot massagers and the girls had to sit on them. I'm not sure what the fascination was, but we spent like 10 minutes changing seats between the two of them. They eventually decided that KayLe had to join them. 


They had their very first corndogs. I was so excited because these things are one of my favorites to have at fairs. Scotlyn just ate the bread off all of hers, but Londyn licked hers clean. 


KayLe and I split fried cheesecake and it was totally amazing. 


Erik had nachos and made super cute faces. ;)


There was an outdoor concert thing going on right behind the food tents. The girls loved it, which kind of surprised me because it was just instrumental music. They had so much fun, though. They were hilarious to watch dance and act like big people on the grass. 





On our way out, we stopped and had a fried S'mores. It was our favorite of all the things we ate.


The last thing we tried was a  fried bacon cinnamon roll and weren't very impressed. It was super greasy and tasted like either all bacon or all cinnamon. 


Scotlyn was out before we even got out of the parking lot. This girl was completely pooped. It was super hot so we were all gross and sweaty, but it was totally worth the fun we had. 


Erik pointed out that this is probably our last Texas State Fair for a long time, so we took full advantage. 

No comments: