My sweet, beautiful, incredibly charming Karen is turning 23 today!!!
First, a couple of thoughts from the birthday girl about turning 23: "Eh", "Whatev".
It's true that turning 23 doesn't really mean much, you don't get any extra privileges or workarounds for the law. BUT! It does give me another reason to celebrate her! That's the best part about Karen's birthday is that it gives her a chance to be able to have people celebrate her, and let her know how incredibly special she is.
It is kinda weird to me that her and I are now 24 and 23, we've known each other since she was 18 and I was almost 20, and it absolutely insane how much we have changed and grown together since that age. There is absolutely no way I would be the man I am now if I had not met her and went through everything we have.
She is beyond goofy. If I kept a log of weird/funny things she did just this week(it's only Tuesday), this blog post would probably be longer than all the Harry Potter books combined. Whenever she can't think of a word, she'll throw it whatever word comes to her mind. "Erik, can you get the chocolate chicken from the whatty house?"(Translated: can you get me a plate, please?)
Her faith is on a whole different level than mine, and people who meet her and find out she is a convert are always incredibly surprised and say that she "seems as if she's gone to church her whole life".
Most of all she is the perfect mother for our children. I am incredibly lucky to get a front row view of how she loves and cares for Londyn and Scotlyn, and how much love they give her in return. She is willing to do anything for them, change whatever she needs to change for them without even thinking twice about it, something lots of us struggle to do sometimes.
She is the person who changed my life, and it has always been for the better, she saved me from the 'Playstation 2' obscurity that I was living in, and replaced that with a life of unconditional love, happiness, and 2 beautiful children.
I love you Karen, and hope that you realize that turning 23 just gives us another reason to tell you how amazing you are.
Love,
Erik

2 comments:
You couldn't have said better, Erik!
Karen, you are such a special person! I always tell everyone that I have loved you from the moment I met you. You radiate such warmth and love and we can see it in your eyes.
I am so thankful for the mother you are for my beautiful granddaughters and the amazing wife for my baby.
We are all at awe (sp??) about you. You touched the ground running and haven't stopped.I admire your faithfulness to the Lord and His gospel, your zest for life , your energy and disposition to do good and serve others. We are richer for having you in our family.
May you feel our love and know that "there is One who smiles on high" upon you.
May He bless you always. Happy Birthday! Love you.
Karen
Happy Birthday to you! We are thrilled to see how you and Erik love and appreciate each other. This friendship and loyalty plus the Gospel form a great foundation for your family.
God bless
John S.
Post a Comment