Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A few of our favorite things..

When I tried to come up with that title, I started singing "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..".

Among my kids' favorite things, The Sound of Music is one of those. I've never documented the little things that my kids enjoy day to day and I decided I should start doing that today. These little things are probably the things they won't remember and I won't really remember when they get old enough to ask about. So, I'm getting a head start and covering everything. ;)

Curtains: I put these curtains over their door with a shower curtain rod. I know it's super tacky, but Londyn and Scotlyn LOVE these blue curtains. Londyn is constantly twisting and turning in them when she goes through her door. She loves curtains in general, but these are super special. She uses the ones in our living room to place "peek-a-boo" with.


Two things here!

Netflix: Londyn (and us) love Netflix and all the T.V. shows it brings. She gets to watch her two episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba every morning, thanks to Netflix.

Mickey Mouse Couch: They both love this couch and so does every single kid that comes over. Somehow, this couch always gets dragged out and made out into the bed that it's supposed to be. Right now, it's in front of the entertainment center covering our DVD player and Wii because Miss Scotlyn gets a thrill from pulling them out and trying to break them. Ha. We don't have doors anymore because both our girls have each pulled off a door (Thank you very much).


Blocks: Santa brought Londyn these blocks for Christmas and they've become a favorite with both kids. It's also a very popular one with other kids who come visit us. It gave Erik and I something more interesting to do with the girls. Londyn loves when we build buildings and animals. Her favorite part is pretending to be the tornado that tears it all down, while screaming "AHHHHHH!" and shaking her head. We're teaching her well. Haha.


Spring: I made this thing for the wall when I was in a creative mood. I never dreamed Londyn would like it the way she does. We talk about "the sun" every morning and she spells "spring" multiple times a day. She is normally eating breakfast and stops like the most exciting thing just happened, inhales loudly, points, and yells "THE SUN!". I love hearing her spell out the letters. It makes me feel like I'm actually doing something right in the way of teaching her the things she needs to know.


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those curtains are adorable. Not tacky at all! That is such a cute little girl touch :) -Megan