Friday, February 4, 2011

Insomnia and Snow

This is what the view from our window was at 2 am. I thought this was a lot of snow until I woke up this morning. At that point, it was only 2 inches and by noon today, we had 5.5 inches of snow. Where did that come from!? Rumor is, we're getting more on Sunday and Wednesday, too!

I'm pretty sure everyone thought that snow would help create traction on the ice...they were very wrong. I was up until 5:30 this morning (thank you, Insomnia) watching the snow fall and cars coming in and out of our apartment complex. Trucks and cars were sliding so bad, but driving so much faster on the snow. People were driving so fast today and it was extremely nerve wracking to watch.

Erik went out just to get a few groceries and said the roads felt even worse now that the snow is packed so tightly from all the car tires, resulting in more ice.

Londyn and I have not left our apartment since Saturday and are planning on making our big exit tomorrow to finally celebrate Erik's 23rd with my parents. We won't be out long, though! It's supposed to drop below freezing pretty fast and we definitely want to get back inside before the ice has time to get bad again.


Londyn's been a nut for the last two days. She needs some outside interaction for sure. She's been so hyper and goofy! She's stopped walking and has started running everywhere, which is way cute because she runs so wobbly and high steps. Haha. She gets bored and starts walking in circles as fast as she can, until she falls over or runs into something from being too dizzy. She's been such a goof and WAY busy. Luckily, Erik was home today and helped her burn some energy by chasing her around the apartment for a good long while.

INSOMNIA <---You see that word? That horrible word, right there? Well, I'm more than done with it.

Every night, I go to bed at a normal hour like 8, 9, or 10 o'clock, lay in bed with Erik until I'm sitting alone with my thoughts. An hour goes by, sometimes two...and then I give up, get up, and find something to (hence all the blogging lately). Sometimes, I get lucky and fall asleep until 1am, maybe 3. And then, I'm up again until sometime between 5 or 6 which gives me another hour or two before Londyn wakes up.

To say the least, I'm not getting much sleep and I cherish Londyn's nap times because they have become mine, too.

This week has been the worst by far. I haven't been sleeping at all, unless Erik's home and can give me a chance to get a good 3-4 hours of sleep. Luckily, he's been able to help me out twice this week.

When I was pregnant with Londyn, I slept like a rock. And by rock, I mean I was close to dead when I was asleep. I slept so long and hard and never had a problem with being up throughout the night. I complained about how tired I was then, but I'm learning to appreciate that short time in my life where I did not posses this sleeping problem.

Anyway, enough complaining.

We're very excited for the weekend, although we haven't had much of a week to begin with. Haha. We'll be trying to stay warm and safe and hopefully, you'll be doing the same!

Happy Weekend!

P.S. Goal for the weekend: Find battery charger!

2 comments:

Meece said...

I'm so sorry about your insomnia! That stinks! I was like you with my first, I couldn't STOP sleeping. Have you tried exercising? That helps me sleep even nowadays. Good luck and be safe today. I'm sure a lot of people will be braving the roads today to escape their houses.

My Mind and Its Musings said...

Sweetie, that's really not good for you. You need rest so badly right now with all the body changes going on. Hopefully, this insomnia will be short-lived. If not, call your doctor and see if he/she can suggest anything to help.

Love you, Nana C