But, I can finally announce what we've been waiting to announce! Erik got a promotion and on February 28th, will hold the job title of "Product Coordinator"!
We're soooo excited! He's worked so hard in his current position and gone above and beyond and showed so much initiative. He's always trying to learn new things in other departments and broaden his knowledge in the company. I'm so proud of him and I'm so glad he's finally getting the opportunity to see how much potential he has. He works so hard for our family and this was definitely a big break for us.
We turned in our 30 day transfer notice on the 16th, meaning, we'll be moving probably the 19th of March. Apartment rates dipped really low today, so hopefully I'll be able to grab one first thing in the morning! We cannot wait for the extra space! I've been packing and panicking because we weren't sure when we would be able to move. On Monday, before they told us about the 30 day notice needed, there was a possibility that we would've been moving on the 26th, which would've given us like 10 days notice. That would've been insane! I'm glad we have more time, but these next 3 weeks are going to be a painful wait. Looks like we'll be spending our upcoming weekends packing away!
On Thursday night, we had almost all of Erik's family come in (we missed you Peter!) for our nephew, Jefferson's baby blessing. It was so great to be around everyone and catch up! This was the first time I didn't feel overwhelmed by the chaos that comes with 15 people being in the same house at the same time. It was really great to feel so laid back and just enjoy all the company. I'll have pictures and a blog from this weekend once I can get ahold of them. :) We're really going to miss them, but hopefully we'll see them back in June for our other nephew's baptism!
More good news! I've slept through the night almost every night this week! I'm really hoping to hold onto this, even though I'm up way too late right now. Haha. My body's been freaking out with all this sleep! I've been so sleepy because I don't seem to know what to do with getting 8 hours at night, again! But hey, I'll take sleep over being up alone all night! :)
Other than all this big news, nothing else has really happened. I just wanted to share our excitement with you!
But, I'll leave you with a cute video and.....
Londyn's weirdo sleeping position of the night....from Thursday :)
This weekend's blog and more updates to come, soon. Until then, have a great week! :)
3 comments:
What wonderful news all around, Karen!! And Erik, congratulations on the wonderful promotion. I knew they would soon catch on to what a wonderful employee you are.
Karen, I'm so thrilled about your apartment and even more about your new ability to sleep through the night. That will make such a difference in how you feel during these last months of pregnancy. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful happenings. Love you, Nana
Congratulations on Erik's promotion! That is awesome! If you need help moving or packing let me know and I'd be glad to help.
I am so glad that you guys got the bigger apartment! That will be awesome, besides all the stress of packing and moving, not to mention your short time frame. But it will feel awesome once you are in and all settled in your bigger place.
I can't wait to hear about the Jefferson's blessing. He looks like such a cutie!
Post a Comment