Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Finally! An update!





I finally decided to update our blog for the first time since July and got super fed with Blogger and temporarily abandoned it for WordPress. But, I'm back after a 3 hour frustration tangent.
A lot has happened since July!
August brought a lot of new starts.
In August, Erik made the decision to start back to school with me. He was taking two classes and did really well in them! It was nice to see that he could jump back into school so easily when balancing a full-time job and a family, all at the same time. He was never a school person before, so the smooth transition was extra refreshing to watch.
While we started back to school, I also started watching a sweet little boy named Drew. He’s such a great baby and he’s been really easy to be with. Plus, Londyn LOVES him. One of her first words was “Dew” and she loves to yell it in a high-pitched voice when she sees him being dropped off in the morning. It’s super sweet!
Now for September…
September brought my 21st birthday which was AWESOME to say the least. My mom and I had always planned on going to Vegas (where I would gamble for the first time and have my first legal drink), but since we made that plan (when I was 16), life has certainly changed quite a bit. At the time, I was a little less than a month away from my baptism and the beginning of my new as an alcohol free, gambling free, and everything else that’s not considered holy free life. Haha. Instead of Vegas, we decided that the budget my parents had set for my 21st would be used for a nice dinner for me and Erik, plus a night at the Omni hotel. The second day, my mom came down and we spent it at the spa which included messages, facials and mani-pedis. We went out to dinner with the rest of the family that night and spent the night watching movies and chilling with my best friend and my mom. It was pretty awesome!
October was the big month for us!
On October 9th, I was baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. That’s right. I’m now a Mormon and can honestly say it was the best decision I’ve ever made. Erik’s parents, brothers and sisters, and nieces and nephews all came in for the exciting event and supported us, right along side my parents, sister, and great grandpa. It was really an amazing experience to have my husband baptize me and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit with my confirmation on the following day. Erik was finally able to give Londyn a blessing and it was seriously the sweetest weekend of my life.I can’t explain the amazing support and feelings that were included in that weekend from both sides of our awesome family. We feel so blessed to have the unwavering support from our families.
The next weekend, we found out we were expecting Baby #2 on June 28th! We were (and still are) super excited and couldn’t (and still can’t) wait to be parents for the second time!
November was when the events started.
I don’t remember much from November except that the week of Thanksgiving, our friends from California, the Kennedy’s, came in and stayed with my parents for a week. It was really awesome to see them again and spend Thanksgiving with them. We only see them once every 4 years, so it was really fun to catch up with them and spend some time showing them around DFW for the week.
Props to you if you’re still with me!
A December to remember…
In December, we bought our first tree and decorated our apartment for Christmas. It was so exciting to start our own traditions and get Erik a new stocking, instead of the generic one he had last year. We had our apartment dressed up so cute and were sooooo excited to get Christmas cards addressed to us, in which we lined a wall with. It was a lot of fun.
Some more friends from California, the Walkups, stopped through for a night on their way to West Texas, whom we haven’t seen in a long time either. It was a lot of fun to go to dinner with them and spend some time with them, also. It was a mutual decision that they need to come back for longer than 24 hours next time.
Londyn turned 18 months and started nursery on the 20th of December. She transitioned really well and was doing well after about 5 minutes of crying. She was pretty clingy to the nursery leaders for a while, but she ended up doing great and has been doing even better since then.
My grandparents came in from Christmas, which rocked. The haven’t seen Londyn since the last time I blogged back in July. They got to see how much she’s changed and how crazy she is now. She’s turned into such a goof ball and she’s entertaining just to watch play! They brought us some super awesome homemade gifts for Christmas. I love useful homemade gifts!
A few days after they left, Erik and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary with dinner and a movie. It was such a great night and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. We reflected the entire night on how much things have changed in the past 2 years and have so much pride in how far we’ve come and how much we’ve grown up and closer together. Our family has strengthened so much in the past year and we’re so blessed to have each other.
We spent New Year’s Eve with Erik’s best friend, Michael at our apartment watching movies, goofing off and eating lots. It was nice to have such a chill New Year’s Eve with each other!
After all that, I KNOW you’re dying to hear how January’s been so far!
We celebrated being on our own and out from under my parents roof for one whole year on the 23rd! When we moved out, I was so worried that we would end up right back there by this time this year. Our independence has been such a great thing and we’re so excited to say that we’re doing well and are only moving forward!
January has been a really good month. I can’t announce all of it yet but, we did find out this last Monday that we will be welcoming another little girl! Her name will be Scotlyn Kathleen! We’re so excited to have two little girls so close together. I have already scheduled my induction to avoid having a gigantic baby. She’ll be here no later than June 22nd, making her and Londyn exactly 2 years and 1 week apart.
We’ve just learned today that we will be moving up to a bigger apartment probably at the beginning of April, which I can’t even tell you how awesome that is. We’ve needed more room like you wouldn’t believe. Our once cutely decorated apartment has turned into a toy store that is constantly a disaster zone. The girls having their own room will make life a lot easier and more functional around here.
I can’t announce the rest of our exciting news until further notice, but I feel like I have thoroughly updated and will make it a top priority to start documenting our lives again!
If you made it all the way down here, you rock my socks. Thanks for sticking with me and we’ll keep all the exciting stuff coming!

No comments: