I just got back from an Emergency Preparedness Activity at church and I'm kind of extremely embarrassed that I haven't worked on it nearly enough as I should have. It was a huge eye opener when I realized if we were struck with some horrible tornado, I would be completely unprepared and be very lucky to have even a chance to get a few things together that we would need.
So, my new goal is to pick up at least a can of something every single time I go to the grocery store for any reason AND buy a pack of waters every month (more if possible).
It's so scary to think of our family not having anything in case of disaster or a job loss. Eliminating food costs out of our budget in times of need would be a very large chunk of money, if it were necessary. It would also be great to know that we wouldn't have to worry about our kids being hungry and not being able to give them anything. What a terrible feeling.
So, now you know my goal. Thanks for listening. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment