Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Our Weekend With Harrison

This last weekend, our 5 year old nephew, Harrison, came to stay with us. Erik's sister and husband were flying up to Utah for a wedding and we had the pleasure of spending the weekend with the youngest of their three kiddos.

We had a lot of fun! I had no idea how energetic 5 year old boys were, but Londyn absolutely loved him. They played so hard. Londyn took super long naps after playing all morning long. I don't think she's ever played as hard as she did this weekend.

Harrison was constantly cracking us up. I really mean that. It was CONSTANT.

Just a few Harrisonisms from this weekend:
-He informed Erik that Erik need to work on his "s's".

-We had dinner out with my parents one night and he genuinely asked the waiter how he felt about his job.

-We walked into my mom's house to get the air mattress and Harrison was amazed that she lived in that big of a house (which was funny because Robyn and Tyler's is a lot bigger). He asked me "Did Londyn's Grammy buy this house?". I told him yes and he goes "Wow! She must be really old!". (What!?)

-When we got home from church on Sunday, the first thing he did was strip down to his underwear. And I mean, he did it in like a split second. Erik asked him what in the world he was getting naked for and he responded with "Somebody's gotta  be naked!".

-He asked my mom's assistant, Pauline if she worked out. When she told him that she did work out, he responded with, "Good, because some old people don't work out.". Pauline told him she tried not to be an old person. So, when Harrison headed down the stairs he yelled back to her, "Let me know if you sweat because then you'll start stinking!".

Oh man he had us laughing all the time.

Besides jumping on the couches to keep away from the lava (floor), wrestling each other, and playing pretend all weekend, we went swimming, played with play dough, ate popsicles and played around all day long. It was a fun weekend.

I just thought this picture was so funny. We were having a terrible hair day and I just made it worse but putting her hair up in an extremely bad ponytail. Poor girl. Haha.







1 comment:

Robyn said...

Yes, never a dull moment with H-Dog in the house! Thank you so much for taking such good care of him. I love the pictures!