These classes would be relatively easy if I wasn't shoving 3 thirteen week courses into 4 weeks, but I am. It made it harder. Much harder.
I've been doing a whole lot more of this (except not that excited about it)..
But, I can tell you everything you need to ever know about your digestive system (and every single other system that resides in your body), just because in the last week, I've seen 40 pictures that look a lot like this (straight from my nutrition textbook):
Seriously, ask me about a phagocyte or an immunoglobin. Ha.
And I totally understand the in's and outs of this little beauty:
And BCIS has me eating, drinking and breathing this...
And in turn, I've been missing out on a lot more of this...and I'm pretty sure if I got to sleep more, I would look that happy and beautiful in action.
I'm not complaining because I'm so excited for how much closer this puts me to getting my degree, but after the first week of classes, I'm really missing my family. And my free time.
Although, Erik did love listening to the interactive video explaining the process of chyme moving through the colon, while playing video games with our nephew. That was special.
At least all this time spent is paying off. I'm doing well in my classes and while simultaneously writing this post, I posted in a discussion forum, almost finished a case study, and figured out the rest of my academic weekend. You wish you were me. ;)
Maybe then you'd look like this too...
I totally giggled at this. ^ How could you not?
I've seen such a difference already with the way I feel when I don't have Facebook as my pastime activity. I'm reading more, studying more, playing with my kids more, and finding more fun ways to enjoy life and family.
DISTRACTION ALERT: Funny story about reading scriptures. We could not get through the story of Nephi asking God for confirmation because Londyn was convinced this was Uncle Peter.

She's right. It really does look like him. The lesson didn't end up going so well, though. She yelled "Oh look! It's Pete! Mommy, it's Pete!" through the entire story. Oh well, we'll try again another day. Thanks for the laugh, Londyn. :)
I've replaced my morning run through of my newsfeed at the breakfast table with reading and talking about scripture stories with the girls. Nap times are consisting more of reading conference talks and getting the house cleaned up.
Overall I just feel cleaner and I know it has everything to do with what I'm filling my spare time in with.
Getting rid of Facebook was the best thing I ever did. :)
After all, I no longer have time for things I don't need.







No comments:
Post a Comment